CSES is an accredited/empanelled agency of the Government of India and the Government of Kerala for undertaking various activities:
- Institutional National Level Monitor of the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India. Has been monitoring programmes in different states since 2012.
- Lead agency (which coordinates field agencies) for South India of the National Water Mission.
- Empanelled as a research institution for undertaking Evaluation Studies of the Government of Kerala programmes by the Kerala State Planning Board.
- Accredited agency for conducting GIS Mapping, preparation of DPRs, capacity building and IEC activities, research studies, evaluation studies, need assessment studies, monitoring of programmes, preparation of Watershed Based Development Plans, asset mapping, preparation of Stree Vending Plans, knowledge dissemination – seminars, workshops and documentation of best practices of local governments by the Department of Local Self Government, Kerala.
- Empanelled agency for conducting Social Impact Assessment Study of development projects involving land acquisition by the Government of Kerala.
- Empanelled for conducting River bank mapping and sand auditing by the Institute of Land and Disaster Management, Government of Kerala.
- Empanelled agency for conducting Opinion Surveys by the Information and Public Relations Department, Government of Kerala.
- Empanelled by the Commissionerate of Rural Development, Kerala in preparing Detailed Project Reports of watershed development programmes in Kerala.
- Has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the State Health Systems Resource Centre – Kerala (SHSRC-K), Thiruvananthapuram, to undertake collaborative research in the health sector and to collaborate on dissemination of the research findings through publications and other means.