CSES is an accredited/empanelled agency of the Government of India and the Government of Kerala for undertaking various activities:
- Institutional National Level Monitor of the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India. Has been monitoring programmes in different states since 2012.
- Lead agency (which coordinates field agencies) for South India of the National Water Mission.
- Empanelled as a research institution for undertaking Evaluation Studies of the Government of Kerala Programmes by the Kerala State Planning Board
- Accredited agency for conducting GIS mapping, preparation of DPRs, knowledge dissemination/capacity development of local governments by the Department of Local Self Government, Kerala.
- Empanelled agency for conducting Social Impact Assessment Study of development projects involving land acquisition by the Government of Kerala.
- Empanelled for conducting River bank mapping and sand auditing by the Institute of Land and Disaster Management, Government of Kerala
- Empanelled agency for conducting Opinion Surveys by the Information and Public Relations Department, Government of Kerala.
- Empanelled by the Commissionerate of Rural Development, Kerala in preparing Detailed Project Reports of watershed development programmes in Kerala.